Wednesday 16 June 2010

TEKNIQUE INTERVYOU

YIP, THE FRESHEST, YOUNGEST FACE IN THE SCENE TODAY MEETS UP WITH TEKNIQUE TO DISCUSS MUSIC, BUMBLEBEE CARS, AGE AND CAMERAS. HE'S MY NEW BEST FRIEND, AND YOU'LL LIKE HIM TOO.


SO FOR THE FOLKS AT HOME THAT DONT KNOW ALOT ABOUT THE NAME TEKNIQUE, HOW DID YOU GET INVOLVED IN THE SCENE AND WHAT PART HAVE YOU BEEN PLAYIN SON?


Think I'll clear up the name Teqnique which people may think is quite the generic name haha. I named myself Teknique solely due to the fact that in the HMV Street Fighter IV tournament in Princes Street I kicked ass pretty much.. And the commentator cunt said I had "Ill technique"and I liked that.. so kept it haha
But yeah, I got involved through the scene through my big brother, who I doubt a lot of people will know(if any bar Adam Holmes). He was a beatboxer who I've always been very close with brother wise so went out with him and his mates and heard Adam, Madhat, Nity, and others like Loki.

So I looked further into it and now I'm completely enthralled in it!
It's fascinating! I love the fact that although we're not popular, and the accent barrier is damn near overwhelming unless you're scottish or irish, we're still making music, working hard, getting on the grind and promoting the scene. Beautiful story of perseverance. This kind of inspired me to make my own music and also try and help get this amaisin talent that we have spread to the youngers and just.. get more people to become interested, use their talents or even just listen to it!
But I am the cameraman/owner of The Scottish Roots which is becoming slowly quite a prominent YouTube channel for scottish hip-hop. Always looking for people who would like to be filmed whenever and stuff you know!

I also rap, and I'm working on several projects, one with my own group of mates another with my mate Selfhood Soul, and another with my beatboxing friend called Dillon(original name eh haha) so Stay tuned for those to drop

HOW DID YOU BECOME INVOLVED WITH A CAMERA? DO YOU STUDY MEDIA OR IS IT PURELY A HOBBY? AND WHO'S THIS GROUP OF MERRY MEN YOU SPEAK OF?

I pretty much thought I'd blow my money on a camera to make short films because as with music, I'm infatuated with movies, short films, comedy sketches and the like.. And seen as I fancy myself as a bit of a comedian/actor I thought it was a good investment but then it clicked that it could be used to be a form of scottish GrimeDaily(who deserve massive respect as they started out as nothing and can now request any English star they want really from within the grime/hiphop scene and they'll get them. I envy that kind of artist respect! haha) and it's developed from there. I think my channel is actually taking off pretty well to be fair! :)
But yeah, kind of a mixture of both.

I took media at school because I love film and thing of the like, but I also love filming.. It's the best feeling I can get (productively) knowing that I have a new video, something new to show to the people, something that is also, a cracker!
But that's sad little me eh =P

And my band of merry men eh.. Hmm..
Well theres the man on the decks and beats, Darren Momenpour (http://soundcloud.com/darren-momenpour)
Willi£
and Pocketz
You'll learn more about those two soooon haha



AND DOES YOUR BROTHER STILL BEATBOX AND STAY ACTIVE?

He wasn't really ever active, he'd just beatbox for whoever was willing to spit where he was haha
Never did gigs or tracks or anything(might here something from him soon though).
But he still busts out the old mouth music!



DO YOU FIND YOUR AGE LIMITS YOU WHEN IT COMES TO GIGS AND BAR RELATED EVENTS?

Unfortunately.. Completely and utterly.
I mean I would turn up to every event possible just to get footage, filming done etc.. but I can't get in as they are 99% bar related events.
Can't get into Don't Flop 2 either I don't think which is a massive blow to me.
Would've loved to be there!See serious battling in action!

But it's good seeing things like Bristo Battles which is just turn up sort of basis!
But would again be nice as someone who is only wanting the scene to expand and be shown to a wider audience and who can't get into events if people would offer up around half an hour of their time during any time period to do a wee thing for my channel, hell, even a freestyle and interview or anything! I'm not bothered, they could play the bongos and sing Lady Gaga for all I care haha but oh well.. with the apprehension towards anyone new that seems to have infected the scottish scene I guess I have to prove myself to be "worthy" of their time or something along those lines, I dunno! =S

HAVE YOU REALLY EVER RODE IN A BUMBLEBEE CAR?

Actually, Yeah! haha
I went in a fifth generation Chevrolet Camaro in London, which I was more than chuffed with! haha

I'm telling you, niiiice car!


But Closing statement is.. Love and Peace within the scottish music! It's a bad enough situation without the added aggro of hate between newbies and verterans.. just come to terms that people are making music and either leave them to it, or support them!

Hurb.. Thanks :)

Peaaace!

(www.youtube.com/thescottishroots comment and subscribe)


SHORT AND SWEET, THANKS TEK.

LADIES AND GENTLERMEN, TEKNIQUE!

No comments:

Post a Comment